Monday, May 06, 2013

Music


I love to have my music when I ride my bike. Not only do I rely on it to set the tone of the ride, but it forms an imprint of my path for me. After having specific songs playing while I ride I can have perfect recall of where I was along my course when I hear the same song play. It also works the other way as well.  When I pass a specific location that was a part of my recent ride I can link back to the song that was playing while I was riding in that spot.
Usually it is based something significant such as a hill or a fast decent but the association is a perfect match. Monday evening when I overcame my hidden hill nemesis I was listening to "Smells like teen spirit – Nirvana".  When I clobbered the last big grade of the night it was The Rolling Stones performing "Dead Flowers" live.  I pulled into my neighborhood for my cool down loop with The White Stripes playing "Seven Nation Army".
It is a fun phenomena to experience. Just another way I enjoy myself on the bike.  

Comments (0)

Post a Comment